Financial Aid
Oct 16, 2017

Financial Aid Information

NEW! Check out the Angelina Card!

All Angelina College students are encouraged to apply for financial aid through various grants and scholarships. For further information or an appointment with a financial aid advisor, call 936-633-5291 or visit the Financial Aid Office on the second floor of the Student Center on the Lufkin campus.

What kind of financial aid is available?

Pell Grant*

Texas Public Education Grant (TPEG)

Work Study Programs


Scholarship Information

Scholarship Application

Smith-Hutson Scholarship

The 2017-2018 Smith-Hutson Scholarship Application is now available online through the AC General Scholarship Application at

Veteran's Benefits: Hazlewood Act

TX Grant and TEOG

Angelina College does not participate in any Federal or State Loan programs.

Applications for short-term tuition loans are available at the Financial Aid Office, Room 208, Student Center. The loan will be for 70 percent of the tuition shown on your statement.

For most grants, including the Pell Grant, the only application you need is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). For frequently asked questions and Pell Grant information, click on Pell Grant.

How do I apply for financial aid?

Applicants for financial aid should apply as soon as possible prior to July 15 for the fall semester and prior to November 30 for the spring semester, in order to receive first consideration.

Following the procedures outlined below will help you receive your financial aid on a timely basis:

1.) Submit via internet,, the FAFSA ?Free Application for Federal Student Aid.? (The 6-digit federal school code for Angelina College is 006661.) Students wishing to complete a paper version of the FAFSA, and mail it to the Dept. of Education, may download or complete and print a copy of the form at:

2.) In approximately one week, contact the Angelina College financial aid office (936-633-5291) to verify file completion.

3.) Submit any forms requested by the Financial Aid Office. Items you may be asked to provide

if chosen by the Dept. of Education for verification:

~Your tax return transcript

~Your parent?s tax transcript

~Divorce/Separation documentation

~Child support documentation

~Food stamps documentation

~Verification of high school completion

~Other college transcripts

Forms available on-line

~Community Services Division Financial Aid Need Verification Form-Texas Public Educational Grant (TPEG)

~Scholarship Application

Fall 2017/Spring 2018

2017-18 Verification Worksheet: Dependent ? Independent

2017-18 Household Resources

2017-18 Divorce/Separation Form

2017-18 Identity Statement

2017-18 Child Support Paid Verification

To receive financial aid at Angelina College a student must have all required admissions documents on file in the records office. These documents include a copy of his/her high school transcript or GED scores, college transcripts, if applicable, a completed application for admissions and proof of Texas residency.